Lauren is an associate practicing in the areas of corporate and commercial law with a focus on franchising, licensing, and distribution. Lauren advises new, emerging, and established Canadian and international franchisors on all aspects of Canadian franchise law, including the drafting and preparation of disclosure documents, franchise agreements, master franchise agreements, and ancillary documentation. Lauren also has experience in managing all aspects of the franchise relationship, including enforcement, system changes, transfers and resales, renewals, and ending the franchise relationship. In addition to advising franchisors and franchisees as to the aspects of their business relating to franchising, Lauren also advises on a variety of general corporate and commercial matters including share and asset purchases, corporate reorganizations, and commercial contracts. Prior to joining Sotos, Lauren worked as a litigation and corporate commercial associate at a leading franchise law boutique in Toronto.
J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2017
Hon. B.A. (with high distinction), University of Toronto Mississauga, 2014
More About Lauren Parker
- Franchisor Services – all sectors with a focus on personal services, restaurants, professional services, and home services
- International Franchising, Licensing, and Distribution
- Franchise Associations
- Franchisee Services
- Corporate / Commercial, Mergers and Acquisitions and Finance
Named “Legal Eagle” by Franchise Times Magazine (2023)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Franchise Association
- International Franchise Association
- “How to Determine Whether You Should Franchise Your Restaurant Business“, Foodservice and Hospitality Magazine, September 2023.
I love working with both new and established businesses and I pride myself on being a trusted advisor in their success. I strive to provide our clients with value through customized and efficient advice, tailored to assist in best meeting their business goals and needs. When not in the office my favourite hobbies include reading, running, and cheering on the Toronto Raptors.