Faye is an associate in our corporate and commercial department whose practice focuses on franchising and business law. Faye regularly advises franchisors, franchisees, and franchise associations on all matters relating to franchises including the preparation of agreements, acquisitions, dispositions, and the managing of franchisor-franchisee relationships. She has experience acting for clients in a variety of industries including real estate, grocery, hotels, and restaurants and has worked on a range of domestic and cross-border transactions.
A graduate of the joint JD/MBA program at Osgoode Hall Law School and the Schulich School of Business, Faye was involved in both schools’ communities serving as the President of the Osgoode Women’s Network and participating in business case competitions. She completed a summer secondment at a global media financier and articled at a full-service Canadian law firm. She also possesses significant experience working with non-profit organizations and charitable foundations providing general legal advice on matters such as legislative compliance and governance issues.
Assistant: Sandra Deek
t: 416.977.5333 x 328
J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2013
M.B.A., Schulich School of Business, York University, 2013
B.A. (Hons.), Queen’s University, 2008
- Ontario Franchise Legislation Amendments Passed Sotos LLP Blog (November 2017)
- Should Your Quick-Service Restaurant Franchise System Sell Alcohol? Sotos LLP Blog (April 2017)
- Questions about Disclosure Following the Raibex Decision? Sotos LLP Blog (January 2017)
- The Devil is in the Details: what you need to know about your Franchise Agreement Sotos LLP Blog (September 2016)
- The Dunkin’ Donuts Decision: Franchisors’ Liability for Letting Bad Apples Spoil the Bunch Sotos LLP blog (May 2015)
- Crackdown on Calories: What does it mean for Franchisors? Sotos LLP blog (March 2015)
November 23, 2017
Ontario Franchise Legislation Amendments Passed
April 27, 2017
Should Your Quick-Service Restaurant Franchise System Sell Alcohol?
January 17, 2017
Questions about Disclosure Following the Raibex Decision?
September 19, 2016
The Devil is in the Details: what you need to know about your Franchise Agreement
May 12, 2015
The Dunkin’ Donuts Decision: Franchisors’ Liability for Letting Bad Apples Spoil the Bunch