Andy is an associate in our litigation group where his practice focuses on class actions and commercial disputes in franchise, competition, and leasing and construction law. Regularly acting for franchisors, franchisees, and franchise associations in matters relating to franchise disputes, Andy has represented clients across a wide range of industries, including automotive and foodservice. Andy has significant courtroom experience, having appeared in the Court of Appeal, Superior Court of Justice and administrative tribunals. Andy also has experience representing automotive dealers in NADAP disputes.
Andy obtained his Bachelor of Laws from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2008 where he graduated with Distinction and was awarded the Lang Michener Prize in Commercial Law. Before attending law school, Andy received his Bachelor of Business Administration with Honours from the Schulich School of Business at York University, where he graduated with Distinction. Andy’s combination of business and legal acumen allows him to zero in on the key issues in a dispute and focus on obtaining the best and quickest outcome for our clients.
Andy was a summer student and articling student with the firm, gaining in-depth exposure across broad areas of practice. An active member of professional associations including the Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association and the Hellenic Heritage Foundation, Andy is a contributor to publications in the areas of franchising and business law.
Assistant: Georgia Scott-McLaren
t: 416.977.5333 x 310
LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2008
B.B.A., Schulich School of Business, York University, 2005
Publication and Articles
- Succession Planning for your Dealer: Dad promised me it’s mine!, Sotos LLP Blog (October 31, 2016)
- Be Prepared: Changes to Tax Rules Could Mean Higher Taxes on Sale of Dealership, Sotos LLP Blog (October 31, 2016)
- Resolving a dispute? Consider summary judgment, Sotos LLP Blog (March 09, 2012)
- Non-Competition Covenants: Important Limits on the Freedom to Contract, Sotos LLP Blog (March 05, 2011)
- Contract amendment by email, Sotos LLP Blog (January 01, 2009)
Presentations and Seminars
- Speaker – “Lessons from the Trenches: Class Actions Trials” Ontario Bar Association’s 7th Annual Class Actions Colloquium (December 1, 2015)
- Speaker – “Acting Reasonably, Honestly and in Good Faith – Recent Developments at ICSC: International Council of Shopping Centre” Canadian Shopping Centre Law Conference, Toronto (April 2015)
October 31, 2016
Succession Planning for your Dealer: Dad promised me it’s mine!
October 31, 2016
Be Prepared: Changes to Tax Rules Could Mean Higher Taxes on Sale of Dealership
April 7, 2014
Sotos team awarded carriage of lithium batteries proposed class action
March 6, 2013
Sotos LLP in the Sporting Life 10k
March 9, 2012
Resolving a dispute? Consider summary judgment