Adrienne is a partner in our litigation group whose practice focuses on all areas of commercial litigation, with a specific emphasis on franchise litigation and class actions.
A tough and creative litigator, Adrienne helps her clients resolve business and other disputes in way that is practical and cost-effective. Adrienne is an accomplished trial lawyer and courtroom advocate. In addition to regular appearances before the Ontario Superior Court Justice, her courtroom experience includes attending before the Ontario Court of Appeal, the British Columbia Court of Appeal and the Federal Court of Canada. Adrienne has extensive experience arbitrating and mediating disputes.
Dedicated to increasing access to justice, Adrienne is the partner at Sotos with responsibility for the pro bono program. Prior to that, for many years she was active in the PBLO at SickKids program, which connects volunteer lawyers with families whose children are receiving treatment at The Hospital For Sick Children.
Adrienne is a member of the Ontario Bar Association, and has most recently served on the Ontario Bar Association Class Actions Law Section Executive (2015-2017).
Assistant: Katie Macfarlane
t: 416.977.5333 x 343
LLB (cum laude), University of Ottawa, 2008
BA (Hons. with Distinction),Queen’s University, 2003
Publications and Articles
- Releasing Unknown Claims: New Guidance from the Ontario Court of Appeal, Sotos LLP blog (May 23, 2017)
- Rental Agreements – Get it in writing!, Sotos LLP blog (November 03, 2016)
- Move on back! One tool to deal with inappropriate motions, Sotos LLP blog (July 20, 2016)
- Franchisor wins at court to shut down “rogue” franchisees, Sotos LLP blog (January 21, 2015)
- Holiday shopping: Still no clarity for grocers on whether they can open for business, Sotos LLP blog (September 2, 2015)
- Sotos LLP’s top tips on how to be a prepared witness, Sotos LLP blog (August 24, 2015)
- “Pay for Delay” gets a Closer Look in Canada, Sotos LLP blog (May 21st, 2015)
- What you don’t (reasonably) know can’t hurt you. Discoverability applies to claims under Part VI of the Competition Act, Sotos LLP blog (April , 2015)
- Accessible, Proportionate, Timely and Affordable – The Supreme Court of Canada’s Challenge to Bench and Bar in Hryniak v. Mauldin The Advocate’s Quarterly, Volume 42 (November 2013)
- It Was Deja Vu All Over Again The Advocate’s Quarterly, Volume 42 (July 2013)
January 24, 2018
Adrienne Boudreau named Partner
May 23, 2017
Releasing Unknown Claims: New Guidance from the Ontario Court of Appeal
November 3, 2016
Rental Agreements – Get it in writing!
July 20, 2016
Move on back! One tool to deal with inappropriate motions
January 21, 2016
Franchisor wins at court to shut down “rogue” franchisees