RETAIL CHAINS AND FRANCHISING
What challenges are in store for your business? Talk to Canada’s leading retail franchise and chain experts at Sotos. Whether in store or online, let the retail team at Sotos accelerate your brand.
The retail market is highly competitive, volatile and risky. Trust the retail team at Sotos to guide your business through the complex legal landscape of retail sales and chain development.
We put our years of experience in retail sales to work for your business. Count on us to help you with:
- Site selection and leasing
- Human resource managememt
- Trademark and brand protection
- Legal compliance and best practices in online sales and marketing
Retail Sector Team
As franchise lawyers, we’re focused on helping entrepreneurs develop, grow, and protect their franchised business. We are Canada’s most experienced franchise law firm, with the country’s leading commercial practitioners and litigators.
- Conversion of a successful business to a successful franchise model
- Area development and master franchising
- Tailored drafting of disclosure documents and franchise agreements
- Franchise system mergers, sales and acquisitions
- Expansion and finance strategies, including international expansion
- “Canadianizing” of foreign disclosure documents
- IP and Trademarks
- Real estate transactions, including leases, purchases and sales
- Effective commercial litigation, dispute mediation and resolution, and arbitration
- Related employment law
- Private wealth planning
- Succession planning