Careful oversight and strict compliance to industry and professional rules are key to the success of franchise systems in such professional services industries as real estate brokerage, teaching, paralegal, insurance, income tax preparation and even pet walking. That’s why you need to work with the best.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES EXPERTISE
At Sotos , we understand the complex regulatory landscape of professional services franchising. We’ve used this knowledge and our years of experience to guide some of Canada’s leading professional service businesses to success.
- Chain development from startup to exit
- Franchisee screening and selection
- Franchise agreements and disclosure documents
- Regulatory compliance and enforcement
- Business system reviews
- Strategic advice on franchise defaults, disputes and terminations
Professional Services Sector Team
As franchise lawyers, we’re focused on helping entrepreneurs develop, grow, and protect their franchised business. We are Canada’s most experienced franchise law firm, with the country’s leading commercial practitioners and litigators.
- Conversion of a successful business to a successful franchise model
- Area development and master franchising
- Tailored drafting of disclosure documents and franchise agreements
- Franchise system mergers, sales and acquisitions
- Expansion and finance strategies, including international expansion
- “Canadianizing” of foreign disclosure documents
- IP and Trademarks
- Real estate transactions, including leases, purchases and sales
- Effective commercial litigation, dispute mediation and resolution, and arbitration
- Related employment law
- Private wealth planning
- Succession planning