Practice Focus and Background
Jennifer is an associate in our corporate and commercial department. She practices business law with a focus on franchising. Jennifer advises both franchisors and franchisees on a variety of matters and has experience acting for clients in the restaurant, hotel, automotive, manufacturing and other industries. She also advises clients on commercial disputes and intellectual property matters. Jennifer has a keen interest in the law’s evolving approach towards disruptive technology and social media and has published articles on this area of interest.
Jennifer obtained a degree in Political Science at the University of Toronto. While at Osgoode Hall Law School, she was involved in a number of student-run organizations and projects, including work through Pro Bono Students Canada. Jennifer joined the firm in 2015 as an articling student. Jennifer’s past experience includes working and volunteering for a number of charities and non-profit organizations, with involvement in the energy sector and on matters related to transportation and infrastructure.
Assistant: Mahshaz Fareen
t: 416.977.5333 x 341
J.D., Osgoode Law School, 2015
B.A. (Hons.), University of Toronto, Trinity College, 2012
- U.S. Insight: Using Customer Feedback to Evaluate Franchisees, Sotos LLP blog (November 30, 2016)
- Social Media and Copyright: Can I Post that Photo?, Sotos LLP blog (November 21, 2016)
- What’s New? British Columbia Franchise Disclosure Details, Sotos LLP blog (October 10, 2016)
- Purchasing an image on the Internet? Know what clicking “accept” means, Sotos LLP blog (June 9, 2016)
- Global trends in franchise law – Recent developments, Sotos LLP blog (May 2, 2015)
- Franchisor wins at court to shut down “rogue” franchisees, Sotos LLP blog (January 21, 2015)
November 30, 2016
U.S. Insight: Using Customer Feedback to Evaluate Franchisees
November 21, 2016
Social Media and Copyright: Can I Post that Photo?
October 6, 2016
What’s New? British Columbia Franchise Disclosure Details
June 9, 2016
Purchasing an image license on the Internet? Know what clicking “accept” means
May 2, 2016
Global trends in franchise regulation – recent developments