Shane is a commercial litigator with a diverse practice specializing in franchise disputes, commercial leasing, and class actions. Shane has successfully represented clients at all levels of court in Ontario, and has acted in numerous arbitration and mediation proceedings. Prior to joining the firm, Shane articled at a leading national law firm and seconded at the Ontario Securities Commission. During law school, Shane was the Executive Editor of the McGill Law Journal.
Assistant: Delita Nunes
t: 416.977.5333 x 310
LL.B., B.C.L., McGill University
M.Sc., London School of Economics
B.A. (Hons.), University of Toronto
- Apblouin Imports Ltd. v. Global Diaper Services Inc., 2013 ONSC 2592.
- 2189205 Ontario Inc. v. Springdale Pizza Depot Ltd., 2012 ONSC 3344.
- Franchisor’s Associates: Who are you associating with?, Sotos LLP Blog, (December 6, 2012)
- Keeping Disclosure Evergreen, Sotos LLP Blog, (September 12, 2012)
- Getting comfortable with disclosure: What Franchisors should know about “Material Facts”, The Franchise Voice, (Spring 2012)
- Loyalty Programs Must Comply with the Franchise Agreement, Sotos LLP Blog, (November 7, 2011)