In this issue…
- Confusing Renewal Clauses and the Duty of Fair Dealing – Ontario Court of Appeal Addresses Both
explains why the Ontario Court of Appeal’s decision in Salah is a caution to franchisors
- “Material Changes” to a Disclosure Document – What do they mean?
Find out what “Material Changes” mean from
- Re-freshing Your Brand: Legal Considerations
and David Gray discuss legal considerations when making changes to your Brand.
- Canadian Class Action Update
informs you about recent franchise class action proceedings.
- Forced Releases in Franchise Sales and Transfers
Vukica Djuric explains why the procuring and drafting of releases requires special attention.
- Non-Competition Covenants: Important Limits on the Freedom to Contract
advises on how you can protect your franchise system.
- Proposed Law Targets Harassment by Litigation
discusses SLAPPs and proposed law